Towing businesses have many opportunities to pick up new clients, considering the fact that in 2009 alone, there were over 10.8 million motor vehicle accidents in the United States (According to the 2009 US Census). Each job brings the possibility of risks that can put your business in jeopardy, unless you have proper towing insurance coverage:
• In Sacramento, a woman was killed when her car ran off the road and struck a tow truck that was on the shoulder assisting a disabled vehicle2.
• In Maryland, a tow truck ran off the highway and collided with a tractor trailer, leaving one person dead and causing significant damage to the tow truck and the
vehicle it was towing3.
• A Texas tow truck caused over $4000 worth of damage when the vehicle it was towing came loose from the tow truck and struck a building.
When you’re considering a towing insurance policy package, make sure it includes these options:
- Liability Insurance – Insurance that pays for damages caused by your truck to other people and their property.
- Medical Payments Insurance – Insurance that pays for medical expenses arising from you and any passengers in your vehicle when an accident occurs.
- Physical Damage Coverage – Pays for repairs to your vehicle if it’s ever damaged in an accident, whether caused by a collision with another vehicle, if it catches fire, or a falling tree branch.
- Uninsured Motorist Insurance – This coverage will insure if the other driver either does not have coverage or has insufficient coverage to pay for all damages.
- Garage Keepers Legal Liability Insurance – Coverage that will protect you when/if you vehicle is damaged while parked at your garage.
- On-Hook Towing Insurance – As the name implies, it protects you will you are towing.
For more information on how Bizurance.com can help protect your business with a towing insurance policy, visit our website or call 866-383-2760.
Beauty salons and day spas are designed to be calming retreats that leave clients relaxed, happy and feeling great. But despite your best efforts, situations may arise that can put your salon at risk of lawsuit and financial loss:
- A product or service you provide is shown to be a health risk, as with the recent findings about Brazilian Blowout treatments
- A client has a severe reaction to hair color chemicals
- A stylist slips on the wet floor in the rinse area and breaks her leg
- Your pedicure tub goes on the fritz during prom week
- Your tanning bed malfunctions and injures a client
- A client is uninjured but extremely dissatisfied with provided services
As a salon owner or manager, it’s important to give as much attention to selecting good salon insurance as you give to your equipment and supplies, so that you can protect your company and employees in the event of accidents, disputes and other risks particular to the salon industry.
A salon insurance policy goes beyond a general business insurance policy by including features of specific interest to hair salons, barber shops, day spas, nail salons, beauty supply stores, tanning salons and more.
- Property Insurance – While this covers your building if it is damaged, it can also cover equipment failure or lost income.
- General Liability – This covers third party claims of property or bodily injury, and also covers your customer if they trip and are injured on or in your property.
- Professional Liability – This will protect you if claims arise from the actual services provided.
- Worker’s Compensation – This covers your employees in case they are injured on the job.
A good salon insurance policy may not be glamorous, but it’s a necessity that will give you peace of mind and security. For more information on how Bizurance.com can help protect your business with a salon insurance policy, visit our website or call 866-383-2760.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.